After a morning that was part bliss, and part hectic scurrying, I arrived back in Fred. My time of arrival was a bit after 5 PM, and I feared I was late for my ensemble audition, but alas, there was a sign-up sheet in Mason. I signed up for about 6:30, and came back to the apartment to unload the car... and especially to drop off my upright. I hauled ass back to Mason by 6:30 and barely had time to fill out my paperwork before I had to go out on-stage in the King Concert Hall. Then, I made a li'l boo-boo. BK told me what to play, and I couldn't really hear him from behind the screen (which is a large stage partition), so without thinking, I said I couldn't hear him. Oops! So much for the blind audition. He chuckled and said, "I'm guessing we have a bass trombonist then." It sounded like he asked me to play on the music stand to the left, which is the tenor trombone music, but after my little faux pas, he corrected himself and told me to play the music on the right stand. Yeah.
So anyway, one of the other guys in the studio who I thought was going to audition for bass bone didn't, and I'm not sure if the other guy is or not. I also played halfway decently, and I think my tone was somewhat pretty, so odds are better than good that I'm getting a chair in one of the premier ensembles this spring. Whee. This means that I could either be staying here some saturdays for orchestra concerts, or going on tour to NYC for a week if I wind up in wind ensemble.
I'll keep you all posted as to the results when they're announced, as I'm sure you're all drooling with anticipation.
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Does this mean the audition wasn't as bad as we both thought it could be? :o) Nice 'boo-boo', too. *winks* Guess your semester is already off to a somewhat decent start then, eh? *hugs*
So it seems... I played alright. However... we must remember that it's not solely my playing that will get me into a top ensemble, but the fact that I'm the sole bass trombonist. Still, I'll take it... beggars can't be choosers!
Post a Comment