For the first day of classes: I woke up later than I expected, and my fucking car won't start. So I came back in, and was happy to see TJ at his computer, which meant that I didn't have to wake him up to borrow his car. I was surprised to see him up, given that he stumbled in from the bar early last night and took the old jetski out for a spin in the toilet. Anyway, I scrambled to school with the knowledge that I was going to be late for the first class of the semester, being taught by the theory chair. When I arrived at the door, a note, in black marker, declared that MUS 223 class was cancelled. Why didn't I just give up and stay in bed?
As of 9:30 AM, a note on the ensemble board reads: "Audition results will be posted today at noon."
1:12 PM... the results are in: I'm in concert band. A step up from ACB, but only a step. It's sobering to know that they'd rather use tenor trombonists on bass in the upper bands instead of me. I'm the school's only bass trombonist and I still only got into the second from bottom band. Not so good.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment