I'm plugging the Live 8 concerts going on world-wise tomorrow. It seems that MTV and VH1 are broadcasting the concerts (hopefully in their entirety!), so tune in! Not only will you increase awareness about world (specifically African/third world) poverty, but you'll get to see loads of great bands/artists perform.
Like Pink Floyd. Including Roger Waters. Yes, I've mentioned this, but the momentous significance of this event bears repeating. If you're home, and get cable, go watch Floyd! They're all old! Another reunion may never happen! Hell, at this rate I'm not sure the three actual members of Floyd are planning to ever record or tour again. I'm not sure I'd want to if I were 60-65, but what do I know? (Don't answer that, you smart-asses.)
The shows start at noon EDT, and I'm not sure of the order. Check it out, yo.
In other news, I interviewed yesterday afternoon at a restaurant down in Henrietta. It went reasonably well, and the shift manager seemed pleased with my handling of his questions. However, it seems that I must interview with the GM this afternoon. It's been awhile since I've had to do a follow-up interview, but I'll roll with it. I'm applying to work in either the kitchen or the bar; I'm trying to avoid serving since I'm so tired of it. Thankfully only cooking was talked about in yesterday's interview, so I'm not too worried. At any rate, I'm off for round two at 2:00, so wish me luck!
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment