A quick post before things get killer crazy. In about 24 hours we'll be shoving off for Sackets for what I truly hope will be a relaxing and rejuvenating get-a-way. We've got the use of a canoe, but no word on the Sunfish yet. Either way Kirk said today that we'll head up again in August & sail our asses off some weekend on the Hobie, so I suppose it's no big deal if we don't get the sailboat this week. Although I admit I'll be minutely bummed, since I'm jonesing to sail!
I've been list-making and I've been instructed (by guess who!) to assemble everything I'm taking to inventory and prepare to pack. Especially the food, even the perishable stuff. Heidi's very together and if I screw up the preparations I'm afraid she'll be-head me!
Today I go have lunch with Kirk and Kristi... when I see them next they'll be married! I'm ducking over there for an hour for food and schmoozing, but then I have to be back here by 1:45 or I fear for my life. At that point Heidi will see what food I've gathered together so we figure out what we need to buy, then go shopping for food, to exchange swimming shorts for me, and a couple other places I forget.
Then tonight I'll pack everything and try to setup an auto responder for my email if I can. Tomorrow we're off after a quick break-fast with Heidi's mom & Lauren, since she moves to North Carolina this weekend.
Whew! I'm pooped just writing about it! All this preparation will make me really need a vacation.
So if I don't post tomorrow, you will all hear from me after next Wednesday.... have fun with your day-jobs, I'm outta here!
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
*sigh*
You're not really THAT afraid of me, are you?
No no, that was my odd sense of humor... I like to exaggerate stuff for amusement. Although you're not one to be trifled with when you're agitated...
*smooches*
*ducks*
*winks*
Post a Comment