I am finally going back to Fredonia after almost two months, to collect some of my things. I have to make a quick dodge into Mason Hall, which should bring nostalgic feelings already. A potent reminder of my failed music school experiment. I didn't have the metal to hack it. Ah, well. I have to return the tin-can Conn bass 'bone to the music office and retrieve my string bass from room 1024, the so-called "bass pit." Then Heidi and are dropping into the vacated apartment on Moore Ave to pack up some of my shit and throw some essentials in the load-bearing vehicle, a '99 Mercury Mountaineer. The essentials include my dressers (wooden and plastic), more clothes, some cookware, and my upright, provided it will be safe from the dresser during travel.
From there we head down to Jamestown to visit/stay with Julia and Matt for the night. The trip wraps up tomorrow, when we head back home. I should be making 1-2 additional trips to the apartment this summer to collect most of the rest of my crap, although some of the larger furniture will likely be staying there until I have room for it or a new apartment in town.
That's it for the up-date... have a good week-end!
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate to say it, but you sounded an awful lot like Ben when we helped him move: "That can't touch the bass! I don't want that there..." *smirks*
Post a Comment