Today's post is here to "plug" a product I'd endorse if I could: earplugs. I just found out that a new model of earplugs has hit the market, and I couldn't be more thrilled. They're essentially Musician's Earplugs, but in a one-size-fits-most package that costs $12 instead of $150. They've got a filter inside that replicates the frequency curve of the human ear, and all frequencies are attenuated on that curve. So it reduces volumes by about 20 dB without sacrificing quality. So it won't muffle sounds.
So you can wear them to loud concerts and clubs and still hear everything great! No more excuses... protect your goddamn ears people! Once your hearing's fucked up, it's nearly impossible to fix them.
Enough from me, here are a couple links that I beg of you to visit, straight from the company itself. Check em out, fool!
ER•20 Hi-Fidelity Earplugs
Importance of hearing protection
p.s. Rochester locals can buy 'em at the House of Guitars, I hear. I'll add to this list as I find out where else.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See.. my problem is that I need an all-noise blocking ear plug that doesn't leave the inside of my ear feeling like something was shoved in it all night long. The reason for the earplug is more to deaden the sound of Matt's snoring than to protect myself from hearing loss. Well, that's arguable too!
Post a Comment