Saturday, July 23, 2005

Name my band!

The new band has been almost fully formed. We added a drummer last night, with very little deliberation needed. Steve comes from a metal background recently, but is looking forward to a change of pace with us. He's very solid, with consistent tempo, and he's got more than adequate chops for what we're doing. He's a rather "melodic" drummer, with good ears for the dynamics. Now the plan is to start getting a repertoire together, and when we have a few solid tunes, possibly pitch ourselves to a keyboardist they know. Apparently this keyboardist isn't necessarily looking for a band and would be more interested if we approach him with a project in process, rather than the fledgeling group we currently are.

We meet the 8th of August again, after I'm back from Sackets, so we've got two weeks to work on a list of eight songs to get together by then, as "homework." The guys are good musicians and a pleasure to be around, so things are definitely looking up!

Now, this isn't a priority, but eventually we'll need to consider a name for this band, when we start getting ready to book shows this late fall/early winter. I'm taking a risk, seeing as how there are more than a couple smart-ass blog readers out there. But... go ahead and leave a comment, suggesting a name for this new band of mine! I don't expect many serious suggestions, but at least they'll be amusing, and perhaps there will be a diamond in the rough...

(everyone should look forward to Heidi's favorite band-name, it's a knee-slapper! *winks*)

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, t-minus 4 days till we go to Sackets! I'm getting more and more excited as the departure draws near. Heidi and I are making our lists (especially her!) and checking them thrice, and we'll be shoving off early on wednesday morning for one of the most beautiful spots to vacation in New York state. I picked up a couple books on sailing at the library to refresh myself, since it's been a few years. But sunfish aren't difficult boats to work with, they train kids to sail on 'em. 14', mainsail & tiller only... pretty simple. I think Heidi's looking forward to the sunning and swimming most, but I'm drooling to get some sailing in... there's nothing like it! Pretty soon I'll shed my land-lubber skin and be a seaman.... jibe ho!

3 comments:

battlemaiden said...

I admit it - I am a compulsive list maker.

battlemaiden said...

OOOooooooh I vote for The Diabetic Hip Replacememts!

Ryan said...

There it is! That's the name I was waiting for! *laughs* I'm not sure it's a contender, but I'll keep it under consideration...