Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Madness

Given how crazy this next couple of weeks are going to get, I figured it'd be remiss of me not to post at least a little on it. This week is especially hellish... I have more finals this week than during actual finals week.

Yesterday... I returned from home in the morning, missing aural theory. Oops. I got myself nicely dressed and went in for my conducting final at 1:00 PM. It was in Mason 1051, with the Wind Symphony. I was last up, giving me more time to hear the piece and watch my colleagues conduct. It also gave me ample time to get really fucking nervous. I should've had a beer beforehand. Everyone in the band had small sheets of paper where they were instructed to jot down comments and critiques. I did pretty well, although I got off for a few bars, but recovered quickly. Hopefully I won't get filleted for that. But I had cool cut-off on beat four at the ending.

Today... written theory, conducting (last class... yay!), home to vegetate, 2:00 lesson which was then bumped to Friday so my accompanist can be there. I have band at 4:30, for conducting finals, only I'm playing this time. TJ has his final during this time slot. At 7:00 my foundations class group is meeting at the library for a study session, since we have an in-class final tomorrow and Friday.

It only gets crazier from here, culminating on thursday. Next week is my jury, aural theory singing exam, and written theory exam. Then I get to get the fuck out of here for a month.

I'll need it by then.

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Only. 5. and a half. more. school. days. Yay.

Anonymous said...

I know, and I. can't. wait. till. it's. over.

Christ.