Thursday, December 09, 2004

More hell week

Another crazy day gone. It's already a blur. I'm so freakin' tired. This has to be the toughest, most demanding couple of weeks I've spent (and yet will spend) in ages. I've worked some relatively tough jobs, but I haven't gone to a four-year college for music before. It's a genuine bitch.

Today (Wednesday, you idiots)... Foundations final at noon, a meeting with the director of bands about hearing protection and damage, studio at 4-5:30, practice till 8:30. Intended to go back to school for more practice, but stupidly got side-tracked by beer. Fuck.

Tomorrow... Theory at 8:00, trumpet proficiency between 9-10:00 sometime, hopefully breakfast, jury practice with my accompanist, hopefully lunch, piano test #3, ideally more practice for jury. At 8 PM comes a cool concert: the Boston Brass with our school's pipe organ. Rad.

There's nothing scheduled until noon on Friday, so after the concert I intend to drink a fair amount. Then after Friday's class, I'm going to make a quick get-a-way back home for a day or so off and some Heidi time. Thence it's back here by Sunday for more jury practice with the accompanist.

It's all over 3:00 next Thursday, and I can't fucking wait.


2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Hang in there, baby. It'll be over soon. :o) I'll make sure you'll have plenty of R&R over break.

Ryan said...

Hmmm... sounds like an offer I can't refuse ;o)