Monday, December 13, 2004

The home stretch

I've enjoyed a nice, placid weekend after last week's hell. The worst is over, with the exception of wednesday morning's jury. I head back to Fred this afternoon, and finish off what's left of the semester, which lasts until thursday for me.

On the docket this week:
• tonight: 6 PM: Foundations final group project; 8 PM: jury rehearsal with my accompanist;
• wednesday: 9:30-9:40 AM: jury(!); rest of day: theory review and drinking;
• thursday: 1 PM, written theory final exam; sometime after that: trumpet proficiency exam.

That's it. After trumpet I'm getting the hell out of dodge for a month. TJ and I will likely spend either late wednesday or thursday afternoon shutting down the apartment for the month, then I'm out like the fat kid in dodgeball.

The other fun news is the weather. Since last night there's been a lake effect snow warning in the south Buffalo - Erie, PA counties. It's forecast to go until tomorrow morning, with over a foot of snow being dumped on parts of the region. My last report from a fellow student is that there's about 4" out there thus far, with a break in the snow. I aim to hit the road back around 3:00, so as to avoid Buffalo rush hour and shitty weather. I just can't handle both, it's too much.

That's all, I should have free time this week to actually post, huzzah.

Man, this was a boring post.


No comments: