Roofers woke me up around 8:00 this morning, which was not what I had in mind. They're still up there, hammering away. Fuckers. I got together with my accompanist for about an hour of jury rehearsal, and it made me nervous, I was sweating like a whore in church. Then I had to go beg my piano teacher to let me take the 3rd test later, since I didn't go to class. Because I wasn't at all ready to take it. He gave me a kind of annoyed grin which said "you're a fuck-up, pal," and let's face it, I can't blame him for thinking so. But he granted my wish and I have to take the test at 5 PM. So I'll be slightly more than totally unprepared. Fun.
I took it right in the shitter for aural theory, I think. I just can't see how I can go from a 55 in the class to a C, which is required by the music ed division. I'd have to absolutely ace the singing exam next week, which isn't likely. I still may go in and try it, because well, why the hell not?
Sometime I need to find time to go play my proficiency test for trumpet, a NYSSMA level II solo. I'm not sure when the trumpet teacher has office hours, but I'll be practicing piano till 5 anyway, so I hope he has hours tomorrow.
I managed to corner the bass professor and ask if I could take his beginning bass class in the spring, as I need a secondary string instrument. He said the problem is that there aren't any instruments. I said "I've got one." Thankfully he promptly said, "Oh! Well, of course I'll sign you in." Apparently he wants me to use a French bow (goddamn it), so I'll have to shell out coin to get my bow fixed... the hair needs to be shortened a bit or something.
So I got some stuff done today, I guess. And my studio teacher told me he played for Frederick Fennell at Interlochen one summer, and apparently he was a royal asshole. A real tyrant of a conductor. Go figure.
I'm going to a concert tonight... the Boston Brass with the concert hall's pipe organ, should be awesome. Then I'm going to drink like it was my job.
I can't wait to get the fuck out of here for the semester.
update, 5:45 PM... I just got me an F in piano. My teacher said I'd be "eaten alive" in the next level, so it's back to MUS 118 I go. Fuck. Looks like I've upped my total time here to seven fucking semesters. Hopefully I'll be really good at some things by the time I finally get out of here. Like trombone. I figure that since I'll be here for-fucking-ever, I might as well get some serious chops on bass bone, so I can legitimately gun for a grad assistant position after Fred. Why the hell not, right?
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment