Monday, December 30, 2002

I'm too consarned sick to think up a witty title for you ingrates

So I've been incognito for about three days, but that's ok, since it's the holiday season & alot of you aren't at the computer, clamoring for new blogs. Like you actually clamor for my acerbic diatribes anyways. For the past three nights I've been enjoying a blissful time staying with Tatiana. Her family was out of town until today, when her brother returned to town. We stayed in their spare bedroom, on a huge, comfortable bed.... doesn't get much better. When not loafing on the bed, we were sprawled out on the couch, one of those deep ones you just sink into.

The only wrench in the works is her ex-boyfriend, who's decided to make a major nuisance of himself. I gather that he and Tatiana were getting along well, platonically, until I came into the picture. Now he's decided he wants her back and is literally calling her dozens of times a day. The few times she's actually answered the phone to talk to him he's whined, cajoled & tried to emotionally manipulate her in a constant attempt to get her back by almost any means. Thankfully all it seems to be doing is aggrivating her, but I can't see him giving up too soon. I took the straight-forward approach & asked her if this was a situation I ought to be concerned about & she reassured me that she has no intentions of running back to him. So it's not a threatening situation, but it's irritating to see, and the effect it has on her bothers me too, as his persistence and tactics are rough for her to deal with. He seems to be effectively using emotional leverage on her, which although possibly not done maliciously, is still inconsiderate, selfish, and destructive.

But enough of that. Over the course of the last couple days I've slowly become sick. I initially thought it was allergies due to the cats, but the congestion is now accompanied by a scratchy, sore throat, aches, and a general malaise. Unfortunately, Tatiana seems to have similar symptoms, so I guess we made each other sick, in a manner of speaking.

The blogs will continue to be updated irregularly, as Kirk officially threw in the towel on Road Runner. I'm on the search for a reliable ISP that I can afford, but it'll be awhile before I can even afford one. I'd rather avoid a dial-up service, but it looks like I may have to go that route. I might try to re-activate my pager so people can still contact me while I'm wasting time online. Oh, and I don't own a modem, which makes it tough to get online too. So I can only check email & update the blog at my folks' house, which I don't normally come to daily. What a shit-burger.

I'm ill and feel like writing no more. I'm going to go off and continue dying of what-ever infernal pestilence I'm afflicted with. As I'm wheezing out my rattling last breaths on my death-bed, rest assured I'll be thinking of all of you readers.

No comments: