Stealing cheap ass-wipe, serving cheap ass-wipes
I am once again toilet-papered. I liberated a roll from Hyatt last night before work, and stashed it in my locker. It's the cheap, non-quilted kind... I'm surprised there's not bits of bark and twigs in it. But I shouldn't be bitching, since the price was right.I began my four-night work run last night with a holiday party for JP Morgan/Chase Manhattan bank. It was another grazing/buffet scenario, but I bar-backed for awhile, and tended Kevin's bar again for a few minutes. I must've poured a couple dozen drinks and raked in a paltry $5 in tips. What a bunch of empty-handed, penny-pinching vagrants. You'd think that a bunch of investment bankers would be a little more loose with the green at an open bar around the holidays. Tonight's a multi-event deal.... there's three different groups having parties if I recall. Should be another mid-nighter, so I hope I can do some bartending and get a few more bucks.
School is almost over for the semester finally. I have only a piano minor final and a take-home music history final. A take-home final... talk about handing out an A. As long as we don't take anything from the book verbatim we're set. Not too shabby, huh? Piano will require more work... I have 3 pieces and all my major scales, 2 octaves to get down by wednesday. I should be able to squeak by this time, but I need to keep on task from now on.
I also finally got a hold of my teacher at long last. It's almost impossible to get a hold of the man, but he came through. I was supposed to get a lesson today, but it had to be bumped to tuesday. Fine, just as long as I can get moving again. I've got a ton of work to do if I even want to think about auditioning this spring. Hell, it might be impossible, but I'll look into that more with Jeff in a couple months. It'd be nice to get started on the music ed program in the fall though.
Well, I'm off to practice more bass, then to work. And where the hell is my girl-friend? Hopefully we can get a little time together before I have to work, since it's going to be a tough weekend, scheduling wise. But some minutes are a lot better than no minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment