Monday, December 09, 2002

Hey, those aren't my clothes on the floor

I've once again been busier than a one-legged Indian in an ass-kicking contest. I worked both friday and saturday nights, and spent today doing nothing productive, except two loads of laundry.

Friday I went into school for the dual purposes of securing financial aid monies and seeing my lovely girl-friend. My Stafford Direct Loan was handled quickly and easily, and I was almost shocked to discover I had significantly more cash coming to me than I'd anticipated. The feds neglected to mention the $3500 in subsidized loans I have coming to me, in addition to the $2388 in un-subsidized. And I got a $430 refund check from school because my Pell grant finally arrived. About god-damn time my luck started to turn. I've spent many months scraping by, with one shit-burger after the next being handed to me, and I think I finally have some good fortune due. I've got financial aid money coming out my ears, I have the perfect girl-friend, and I may actually pass the fall semester with good grades.

My visiting with Tatiana was blissful, of course. I basically hung around the music lab with her while she worked & designed some signs for the faculty. The time was grand, but alas too short... I had to pack it in & go to the damn Hyatt around 4:00 or so. Leave it to some stupid job to come between me and my woman. That didn't send me to work in the best mood, but I got over it.

Friday night's event was insane... a 1200 person holiday party. There were "grazing" stations set up through-out the 2nd level, which Blue Cross/Blue Shield reserved for the event. The term "grazing" is appropriate, since guests usually behave like unruly, stupid cattle. I worked a pasta station for 2 hours, if you call standing there bored out of your skull "working." I ran into my former Maynard's manager, Mike Miller, which was great. We caught up & talked about Maynard's & how it's amazing they're still in business. Prime Time Funk provided the entertainment, and they were fantastic, I must say. And I actually got out of there shortly after midnight, which was a nice touch.

Last night's event was about 600, Time Warner's holiday party. There were about 54 tables, if I recall right, all 12-tops. It was smooth sailing, with one noteable exception. This presumtuous, fat prick of a rent-a-cop was milling around and decided to play supervisor for a few minutes and has officially added himself to my shit-list. Do I go down to the security office and tell that lout how to smoke pole? Then what's he up there bossing me around for? I was almost livid over that and it generally takes quite a bit to get me actually angry. Eventually I had some food and got over it. I began to bar-back almost immediately after break, and was busy doing that for a good hour... the foyer bars were packed. Do you think anybody took care of my tables while I did this? Of course not. I was fortunate that 3 other servers helped me clear them when I could do it... that was decent of them. I got to tend bar for awhile again, and the business was more brisk than in the past, but I handled it well. I also made $43 in tips... not too shabby. I was out of there at 1:20 am... just in time to pick up a 6-pack of Guinness draught bottles & go home to call my girl.

Today I loafed around B-18, and made some break-fast. This consisted of some hot sausage, crubled up, some frozen potatoes with peppers & onions, and a couple eggs, scrambled all together to make a half-assed frittata. I made a quick jaunt to the store to get tooth-paste and milk, but neglected to get any ass-wipe, an error I'll soon regret I assure you. Around 2:00 Tatiana came over and we soon sacked out in the bedroom for some rest, as well as some play. I truly can't express how lucky a man I am, but you'd probably understand too if her clothes were scattered on your floor. But they're not, they're scattered on mine... ha! The evening was concluded by going to mom & dad's when Tatiana left, for dinner and laundry. Ah, to have clean clothing again.

Tomorrow (today, technically) holds more mundane activities in store. I'm venturing out as early as possible (which won't be much before 10 or 11am) to get a pair of EMS fleece gloves, and to drop into MCC to visit the light of my life. I have some stupid alcohol training at the Hyatt at 1:45 - 4:00. I gather some county pig lectures us on alcohol service, and related laws. Apparently several of the staff usually goes out drinking after these foolish wastes of time in true defiant spirits. Not surprisingly, none of us will want to be there, probably not even the pig.

After this, there's Jacoda practice at 6:00 till we're done. Then I should come back here and rigorously practice piano if I want even the slightest chance of passing. It's down to the wire here, and I'll be made or broken this week in piano.

No comments: