Tuesday, December 24, 2002

Santa, can I have a god-damn blizzard for Christmas?

We're battening down the metaphorical hatches tonight, for there's a storm whipping up the east coast tonight. Here's the skinny from the NWS:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR WEDNESDAY...
LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA LATE TONIGHT...GIVING AN
INCH OR LESS ACCUMULATION BY CHRISTMAS MORNING. THE SNOW WILL BECOME
MORE STEADY CHRISTMAS DAY AND ACCUMULATE AN ADDITIONAL 3 TO 5
INCHES...RESULTING IN STORM TOTALS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES. THE HIGHEST
ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED NEAR THE LAKE ONTARIO SHORE WHERE
NORTHEAST WINDS WILL PICK UP ADDITIONAL MOISTURE FROM THE LAKE
DURING THE AFTERNOON.

Looks to be interesting to say the least. I brought my crap with me tonight and I'll be staying over-night at my parents' house. Since I was planning to be here for dinner, and then most of tomorrow it seemed easier just to come stay. And the Cleveland area's expecting 7-13" of snow by tomorrow night. All I know is that their DOT had better god-damn well plow it by thursday morning so Tatiana can drive home on time or I'm going on the war-path. I'm not willing to wait a single additional day to see her... it had better be friday or somebody's gonna pay.

Filer gave me an Oreo cookie ice cream set, which was great, except I loathe chocolate. There's hot cocoa mix in there, so it'll get put to good use with guests, I figure. At the very least Tatiana can enjoy it. It was great of Filer regardless, he's a self-less guy, more or less, and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I have yet to buy anybody anything of course. Because I'm fucking broke. Maybe I can buy a couple things after the holidays, when my pay-check clears. This one was good... $341. Enough for rent and some presents.

Of course I brought my upright with me, as I'm actually practicing regularly, and I don't want to miss tomorrow. My mom actually referred to my bass as "the beast." I was aghast that she'd call an artistic tool capable of such beauty and expression as a beast. However, I can't play loudly and obnoxiously with a bass like I could with trombone to seek revenge.

No comments: