One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer
Last night involved yet another evening of drunken-ness. Ben and I are both doing our best impressions of shift-less layabouts now and decided to get together for a couple of late afternoon beers. After an afternoon spent doing nothing of merit except practice the upright for awhile, Ben showed up... with his friend Layla in tow. I've known Layla for a few years, from MCC, and Ben worked with her at the RMSC. Layla moved out to Ohio with her boy-friend about a year ago, but the undercurrent of a romance that never quite fulfilled itself was present between her and Ben. Interesting evening. It was good to see her again, as she's a fun, intelligent girl, although she's also possibly the most flirtatious person I've met. Most of her affections were directed at Ben, and I'm aware that her flirting is for its own sake, so I didn't feel like I had to mention my girl-friend constantly to ward her off. Although I did talk about Tatiana quite a bit, that's just because I happen to be thinking of her constantly.Anyways, we started off at Acme, where, in addition to what I intended to drink, was brought the wrong beer by the waitress, who let me have it anyways for nothing. The three of us split a medium pizza, and after a few drinks went to MacGregors for a couple pitchers and food. Again, we were brought a pitcher of the wrong beer, and I'm pretty sure that was a freebie too. Guess it was our night! Thence, we proceeded to The Old Toad, and had a couple final rounds there, which culminated in me being pretty shit-faced. I called Tatiana upon my stumbling up to B-18 and managed to sound lucid enough to carry on a rational conversation. I impress myself sometimes.
As fun as this kind of stuff can be, I don't want to fall off the wagon and drink myself stoopid every night, so I'm putting the brakes on now. No beer at band practice tonight, even. I'll save it till tomorrow so I can have a beer before and wine with dinner.
Three days and change till I can see my girl-friend again. She comes home from the Greater Cleveland area thursday and I hope to see her for most of the next couple days or so. Ben of course chided me on my strong attatchment to and desire to be with Tatiana constantly, noting that this kind of thing eventaully wears off. I can't argue with that, it does usually tend to taper off to a more moderate state of mind, but I'm in no rush, since it's definitely thrilling in a way. Think I'll enjoy it for however long it lasts... who thinks I'm nuts here?
Time for more Jacoda practice... tonight we record some more. We're trying to wrap the new CD by mid January so we can book a late February or early March gig and call it a "CD release party" or something. Whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment