It's not just a job, it's an adventure...
Road Runner hasn't been working on either of the computers here in B-18, so we were under the assumption that Time Warner had shut us off, but I'm back online, so it's not the case. Ah, to blog again. Not much time today, I need to practice the upright for a few & scoot to school. There's a recital at 4:00, and since so many people have been putting theirs off, it'll be a long one. Tatiana & Ella, a violinist, are doing a duet called Adoration. They've been putting some hard work into it & I'm looking forward to hearing it. After the recital I'm hoping for some more Tatiana time around here, as I'll be working the next 4 nights, and may not get to see her much, if at all, till next week. Ugh.The other night Brandon, the leader of the Tripping Billies, a successful DMB tribute band, called here. As soon as I answered he pitched me a job offer, which was surprising in a way. I knew their current bassist had turned in his notice, but I certainly wasn't expecting to be solicited to replace him. But that's exactly what Brandon was offering... $30-40k a year touring the US & various other parts of the world with the Billies. I'd have done it in a heart-beat a year or more ago, but I politely declined the offer without so much as a second thought, which I'm fairly proud of. Now that I've started school, and especially now that I'm signing out loans, I've got to be in it to win it. No more putting the education off, I've done that too many times already... it's now or never. I've decided that nothing will side-track me, and I'm not stopping till I have a Bachelor of Music degree in my hands. Yeah. I also don't relish the idea of being away from things around here, not the least of which is Tatiana. Ah well, I can join all the touring rock bands I like when I have the degree & the skills that will come with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment