Thursday, January 02, 2003

Pow-squeeze (to be explained later)

I've spent two additional nights with Tatiana... not too bad. It turns out that her brother split for NYC almost as soon as he got back to town on the 31st, and stayed an extra night there due to an east-coast storm. So I spent the night of the 30th there, and last night too.

New Year's was spent at the Hyatt, working a party. It wrapped up around 2:30, when Shawn & I went to Acme for a couple drinks. Or three or so, as it turned out. It was interesting to see all these bars open all night... Rochester was like a real city for once! We threw back a few and laughed at all the drunks, and hit the road at 4:00.

The shift was pretty tough too.... I'd been sick since the week-end and was low on energy. On top of that the previous night and that morning had been a bit on the active side with Tatiana, so I was already a little on the tired side. Consequently I crapped out after about an hour and a half of bar-backing. A couple of the other servers jumped in on my action and picked up the slack for me. The down side of this is that I had to share my tips with them, but I got over it. The thing that helped me get over it was the fact I was given over $80, and only had to give out about $5 to each of the other bar-backs. Of course, most of it's already gone, but hey... it's New Year's. I also made about $15 an hour for the shift, so I'll come out alright.

Now for the real adventure of the week. As I mentioned, I stayed at Tatiana's again last night. Her bro elected to return from NYC this morning because of icing & snow last night. We were still pretty revved up from the previous day, so dinner and watching the rest of Lord of The Ring (the first one) were merely filler activities till we retired to the bed-room for a little nocturnal aerobics. I awoke around 8:30 am and was inexplicably paranoid about someone returning. Suddenly, I recalled that Tatiana had told me, the first night I stayed there, that the cleaning wench was supposed to come today to clean. We were in the spare bed, bare-ass naked, so the concept of a cleaning woman catching us in such a state rather alarmed me. I tried to gently wake my lady at first, but after I'd told her the time, she didn't seem interested in being awake. I had to resort to more drastic measures, so I asked her if the cleaning lady was indeed supposed to be there today. I've yet to see her wake up that fast; it was really amazing. We went from naked to gone in about 5 minutes. After getting dressed, she brushed her teeth, but I was antsy and reminded her that I had tooth-paste at B-18. I felt bad about rushing her, but I figured the consequences of the cleaning-bitch discovering me there at all were more undesirable than morning-breath.

We managed to escape and had a good laugh over it... nothing like a little excitement to spice up your day. We grabbed some Tim Horton's on the way back to B-18, and once there we spend another couple hours lounging around in bed. Man, I love winter break!

No comments: