Destitution 101
Surprise... I'm back at my folks' house to send my grandma off, back to Florida. I of course scarfed down a can of soup while here. Grandma hates good-byes, so her parting words were "till we meet again," and "I'll be back, like the handle on a shit-pot." It gave me a great laugh, to say the least. It's good to have a fire-cracker for a grand-mother!I've discovered that I did something to my right wrist during hockey yesterday, and it's nice & sore now. Can I afford to play hockey physically, let alone financially? We shall see...
I'm glad Matt elected not to ask for his bike while home recently, as I discovered that I won't get the money from my New Years shift for two more weeks. God-damn it. I've got less than $20 to last me two weeks, so my car is going to be sitting in the lot for awhile. This time I might actually be too proud to ask dad for any money... it's about time I took responsibility for my indolence, isn't it? If I need to get somewhere I'd better walk or bike. If only I'd asked for a pair of gloves for Christmas though... this could be tough on the hands.
My lack of funding also means no bass lessons, and I'll eventually run out of everything but coffee and pasta, which is what I suppose I'll be living on. Fuck me in the mouth, this sucks.
My wrist hurts, so I'm throwing in the towel on this entry... hope you all are having an easier time than I'm likely to have for the next week or so. Maybe I need to go ask for my loan disbursement check at gun-point from the MCC Bursar's office. At least I should be able to see Tatiana on a semi-regular basis... it makes this a much less annoying time.
No comments:
Post a Comment