Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Things just couldn't go smoothly for long.

I'm totally, 100%, comprehensively out of cash. I spent my last few dollars on food while I still had it, which I think was pretty smart. So I came back to ma & pa's to finish my laundry, although I'm not altogether sure if I have enough gas in my car to make it back to B-18. Should be thoroughly interesting, to say the least.

Speaking of B-18... Kirk officially pitched the word to the rental office that we're ready to get the fuck out if there's anybody ready to rent our wee 2 bed-room. I'm left scrambling to find a place to live now, of course, as I have virtually no way of knowing when the hell we'll be leaving. At this point it looks as though I should be able to move in with ex-roomie TJ for $320 a month, which is less than I pay now. I want to scout for a studio too, but that would wind up costing me up to $100 more a month than staying with TJ.

My lack of fundage effectively puts the kibosh on hockey for at least 2 weeks. That sucks since I won't exactly improve by not playing, but I suppose it'll prevent me from injuring myself any further.

In world news, does the following quote, from CNN.com, amuse anyone else but me?
"The U.S. should opt for dialogue with the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea], not for war, clearly aware that it will have to pay a very high price for such reckless acts."
Although I'm quite sure North Korea is serious about their little brinks-man-ship game, I fail to understand how they intend to kick our ass. Even if they actually meant to nuke us, they lack a delivery method. Aside from that there's the whole mutually-assured-destruction doctrine. And they'd be assuredly more mutally destroyed than us, I suspect. So their nuclear black-mail policy is ballsy, but ill-conceived, and somewhat dangerous. Luckily we're holding them off in a finger-on-their-forehead-while-yawning kind of way. Why can't we all just get along?

Well, that's all I can think of this time. Tatiana's busy with Christmas celebrations with family & church friends, so I can barely talk to her today, let alone actually see her. Tomorrow can't come soon enough so I can finally spend a little time with her again. Is it too much to ask to see my girl-friend a little every day? Practically speaking, it seems so.

Anyone interested in contributing to my R.P. Griffith Destitute Pauper's Fund can feel free to let me know in the comments. I accept money orders, bank-checks, Paypal, Western Union, bartering, and indentured servitude. No Mexicans accepted.

No comments: