Sunday, January 26, 2003

Guess what

I have the inter-net again! My computer has been returned to me, in exceptional running order, by a tech-geek friend of mine. He's got it souped up & tricked out like a hot-rod. I'm back to a annoyingly slow dial-up connection, but at least I can get online again. Huzzah for that.

I only just read about my friend Julia's recent engagement... huzzah for that too! Congratuations to her, say I. But all these friends of mine are walking the plank... will I be the last hold-out here? Actually, that's a good question, although nothing like that is likely to happen in the near future. But it'll be interesting to see how long I can preserve my bachelor-hood for.

School's off & running ok. I've been adjusting back to a non-sedentary lifestyle, particularly the not being able to sleep in till a reasonable hour thing. I've added a couple more classes so now I'm past the full-time mark, but I'm well-organized (at least in terms of school I am) and determined to get A's across the board this spring. We'll see how it turns out. At any rate, here's a run-down of my courses for those of you interested in my mundane, day-to-day life (I suppose you wouldn't be reading this if you weren't!)
• Music Theory II
• Chorus
• Music Business
• Music History II
• MIDI Recording I
• Piano Minor II
• Applied Music I & II
• non-credit Composition Seminar


As I mentioned before, music history is the one I took & passed, so I'm only there to learn the material this time. Applied music is lessons & recitals. You may note that I'm doubling up sections... this means twice as much of everything... lessons, recitals & *shiver* juries. I have to play eight pieces this spring... ouch. I can do it though, as long as I practice.

Well, I was just writing in the ol' blog because well, I can. I'm going back to bed now... I was only up because Tatiana called me to say hello before church, but I don't need to be up again for another couple hours. Oh crap... I have the composition seminar this afternoon, and I'm behind, so I guess I'd better go compose some music instead of sleep in. Well, it was a nice idea for a couple minutes, wasn't it? Crap on rye. I'm glad I have Finale on this machine.

No comments: