I couldn't bring myself to write much more in the earlier post... I was too tired and rather spaced out due to my anti-histamine laden allergy medicine. I went back to the apartment and crashed for about an hour before band. It took a little bit for the fog to clear from the nap, but once I got playing I woke up and I feel pretty damned good now. The nose is mostly clear, and I don't really feel sick. Julia told me earlier that the ragweed count is pretty high, so maybe that was allergies? I'm not sure really. Heidi's also been having sinus trouble, and I'm left hoping that everyone won't be sick for my four day weekend coming up. What a bite in the ass that'd be.
I have a mere smattering of classes tomorrow to sit through, and then it's back to Rochester. Of course we can't leave early or anything cool like that. TJ has a philosophy class at 3:00 and I have trombone choir at 4:00. But this way we can hit the road a bit late and hopefully we'll avoid rush hour in fucking Buffalo. I hate Buffalo, it's the colon of New York State.
It's lining up to be a good weekend too, if everyone is healthy. Heidi's planned a get-together Friday night, as Matt and Julia will be in town too. It sounds like we'll be bowling (and likely drinking) and then going for (more) drinks at MacGregor's afterwards. I'm hoping there's a good turn-out, with all the members of our little social crew making an appearance.
I have some other responsibilities over break too, like practice and homework. But I frankly don't want to think about crap like that yet. It's my somewhat well-deserved fall break and I'm going to think of it as such. R&R baby. With some homework and practice thrown in for variety.
The icing on the cake of this weekend is the fact that I'm house and cat-sitting for my folks, who are off to relatives in Eastern NY. I have the whole house to myself, which is great. I can have people over. I can play my horn loud, at practically any hour. I can not spoil the cats with 30 cans of food a day. I can have lots of loud, vigorous sex.
And no, not with myself, smart-ass.
Also, I have the results of a couple tests today:
my first conducting test (which was videotaped): B-
Trumpet Quiz #4: 11 out of 15
Not too shabby this week, I guess.
Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope:
1. you don't break the bed
2. you could even enjoy a post-coital cigarette IN THE HOUSE. Whoah.
The post-coital cigarette's a sure thing, but I make no promises as far as the condition of the bed by the end of the weekend ;-)
Smartass.
Post a Comment