Saturday, September 11, 2004

A peaceful week-end to regroup

Finally, I'm home for the weekend to rest from this week, which was brutal for a few reasons. I'm still adjusting to the heavier work-load and the need to be more organized and disciplined than I ever have been before. This week was unsuccessful on both accounts, as I didn't accomplish much of what I was supposed to. Lots of homework not turned in, exams not studied for, and a trombone lesson not adequately prepared for. Shit.

I'm also relaxing with friends and people I'm close to, not wandering around a rural college town, getting blasted with a bunch of green 18 year-olds. Not to say they're bad kids, but I guess since I wrapped up my MCC days I no longer feel I have much in common with the 18-21 set. Alot of them are perfectly nice, and I enjoy their company around Mason, but as for hanging out... well, it just doesn't that much appeal to me now. Guess I'm getting old or something.

It's about goddamn time I grew up anyway.

Today there will not be The Mowing of The Lawns at Tatiana's parents' place, as the main lawn-mower has a flat and no spare. Bummer. So I'm going to practice some trombone and spend the balance of the day with Heidi.

You would if you were me too. Just take my word for it.

No comments: