Friday, September 24, 2004

First day of fall break a roaring success

Boy do I wish I could write about yesterday, but really, I can't. I'll tell you when you're older. Suffice to say that fun was had by all.

More fun should be had today, as there's a big get-together later on. Matt and Julia are headed back to town tonight, and the whole crew's gathering for fun and drinks. First though, it's bowling. Yes, bowling. Apparently Beth (who is quite the accomplished roller, it turns out!) wanted to do something to make her laugh, and bowling seems to be it. Thankfully I don't know of an alley that doesn't have a bar, so that should make it tolerable to those who loathe bowling (like Heidi). I don't mind rolling a few frames, particularly after I've had my liquid accuracy-enhancer (beer). Or, in honour of The Big Lebowski, I may have to have a Caucasian while at the lanes. It'd only be right, after all.

After this revelry at the lanes, we'll likely head to our favourite watering-hole, MacGregor's for yet more beer and possibly foodstuffs. With Matt and Ben there (if the bum shows up) it'll be tough to not have too much to drink, but Heidi and I will make our best effort not to get caked tonight, as we don't want her bed-ridden all day tomorrow. I hear being side-lined with a hang-over for an entire day is somewhat unpleasant. Is that true, Heidi? *big grin*

Other than that, I should get some more practicing in, and some of the old MCC crew is planning to meet there for lunch with our old theory/history professor. He'll probably want us to talk to the 2:00 theory section about transferring or help teach the class or something like that. Either way I aim to be back here by 3 or 3:30, since there's stuff to do around here before (and after...) the gathering tonight. Some of it's laundry and dinner. The rest of it is none of your goddamn business. For now.

MYOB!

A full report and hopefully pictures of tonight's jackassery to come tomorrow.


1 comment:

Julia said...

NewsFlash! I don't like bowling either! And we really don't give a shit if we go AT ALL. Especially since we probably won't have a chance to eat dinner (unless we grab McDonald's.. ugh). In other words.. we'd rather just go to MacGregor's. End of story.