Saturday, July 31, 2004

Sun Devil Pride

While rifling through all my old clothing, I came across a couple ratty old t-shirts, which Mom thinks I ought to dontate. The problem is that they are t-shirts from my one season tenure in the Arizona State University Sun Devil Marching Band (Go Devils!). I either have to keep them folded up in a drawer somewhere or throw them out, but I can't donate them. Nobody who hasn't marched as a Sun Devil has earned the right to wear those shirts. One was the band shirt, which incorporated the name of every section into a logo resembling Sparky, the mascot.

Sparky

They were given out only to band and staff, and were part of the uniform, to be worn under the coats at every game. The other shirt is from the trombone section, and has some smart-ass slogan on the back... I think it's "hung like a bone" or something. But it's still my 'bone section shirt.

Tonight I'm marching another parade with the East Rochester Fire Dept. band, down in (that's right!) East Rochester! I think they may be dedicating their new fire hall or something. In any event I aim to be out of there by or before 9:00 if I can swing it. Could be a tall order but I'm a crafty and resourceful young lad.

I'm on my back patio again, ripping off some neighbor's wi-fi. It's gotten unbearably humid out here and I'm going back inside to the A/C before me or my iBook melt.


3 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Eh, you could always use the old t-shirts as shop towels. Or better yet, bar towels!

Ryan said...

Bah! Towels?! I can't believe you'd suggest such a thing! After earning those shirts, and considering the pride with which they were worn, they deserve nothing less than a quiet retirement somewhere in the bottom drawer.

*grumble* "shop towels" Hmph.

battlemaiden said...

Or you could use them to diaper your red-headed babies...