Monday, July 05, 2004

Into the summer doldrums


By doldrums, I mean the calm conditions near the equator, not any kind of depression or malaise. It's pretty easy for me to slip into the lazy summer mode, drifting from sleeping to having a couple beers, to hanging out with friends. What I'm not doing is getting much of anything productive done. It's just an intertia issue... if I'd get started then I'd get more done. It's just the initial kick-start that's my problem.

I still have a house-hold worth of crap to go through, and I expect it'll take most of the rest of the time that I'm here at this rate. I have to make some money so I can pay for trombone lessons and buy almost $100 worth of books and an aluminum straight mute before fall. I have to spend a hell of a lot more time practicing unless I want to be tossed into the lowest level band at Fred.

With so much to do you'd think I'd get off my ass and get it done. So why don't I?

Give me a swift kick in the ass!

No comments: