Friday, October 31, 2003

So much for being a "philandering lech"

Today went well, and the school-day in particular ended on a particularly sweet note. I met with Meghan around 11, before jazz band in order to ostensibly work on my poor piano skills. The first clue that it was going to be a good day was noticing that she was wearing a tight, low-cut, cleavage-revealing shirt. My brain was still in sleep mode, having suffered another night of drinking, and only getting five hours of sleep, but we accomplished a tiny bit of piano work. Jazz band was fun as always, and choir was worthless. Theory, how-ever, I skipped, to continue flirting with Meghan and finish the theory home-work. She in turn skipped her theory class at 3:00, and we made for the doors, having had enough school for a week. We stood around her truck, flirting yet more, for quite a spell. Finally she decided it was time to head home, and we hugged, and I still got the vibe that she was waiting for something, so I went ahead and kissed her. It turned out to be a good decision, as she returned said kiss, and for more than a few seconds, I'd say. So I guess if this is headed towards relationship status, that puts a fork in my lechery plans, which is ok, I suppose. From my initial investigations, Meghan doesn't appear to have any of the religious or sexual hang-ups that Tatiana has, and I suspect she'd have no problem with getting it on as often as humanly possible.

In other news, the long-planned Halloween party at the Shaw cabin has finally been reduced to Kirk and I. Ben's car shit the bed and he'll be home fixing it tomorrow, although he left the possibility of driving up there to meet us. Kirk's off on a date, and at the time of his leaving, we'd pledged to go up there anyway, even if we're the only goddamned ones. However, Meghan suggested that if I stuck around she'd come over tomorrow night, which is quite tempting, and she's busy all next week and week-end. So I've got a plan... I'm going to see if the cabin trip can be post-poned one week, and that way perhaps we can actually get some folks up there, or at least Ben. Who knows if it'll work... Kirk could be on call next weekend, and Ben might be working, etc. I'll still likely be unable to handle a banquet shift. I tried putting on sneakers today and my injured toe categorically refused to accept it... so I think that 8 hours of ill-fitting dress shoes and walking wouldn't work too swell either.

We shall see what tomorrow brings... (I of course vote for nookie and delaying the cabin trip for a week)


And those god-damned polka-dotted dung-beetles are still clustered in the ceiling corner above my bed. I'm beginning to suspect that they're carnivorous and that I shall be consumed in my sleep by this chitinous army!

No comments: