This is certainly a first...
I'll begin by saying the cabin trip didn't materialize. Kirk was at his new lady-friend's place until mid-morning, and upon his arrival back at B-18, I pitched my case for ditching the cabin altogether this weekend. It was agreed upon and I began plans to have hot Meghan over that night. After a semi-productive day of cleaning around the apartment, she finally came over around 1 am, after dropping into a party. We watched about half of a movie, and turned in around 3:30. We awoke mid-morning and mingled more sleep with talking and some other assorted fun.Eventually she reluctantly said she had to tell me something. Apparently she's about 3 1/2 months pregnant. Well then. Being the reasonable chap I am, I didn't act shocked, dismayed or upset, but asked a few more questions. She hasn't told her family yet, and seems slightly apprehensive about their reaction, nor has she informed the father. I'm of course encouraging her to find a way to stay in school, since she won't have too much of a comfortable living for herself or her kid without a decent job. I'm also going to start getting after her to get in and see a doctor soon, which she hasn't done yet.
Now, as far as my involvement goes, I'm not quite sure. There are various factors bouncing around my brain, and it will take some time to sort through. One factor is that I like her so far, and would like to keep going and see where things lead us. But the other factor is obviously the baby, which will have a significant impact on her life, and therefore will affect me eventually too, to some degree or another. I also have no clue as to what sort of role she would want me to take, should things continue to develop with us. Lots to mull over. The only thing that would not be acceptable is if she were a free-loader looking for a guy to take care of her, but I don't get the feeling that she is. I've also made no secret what-so-ever about my pathetic financial status... I'm sure she's gotten the message that I'm broke as a church-mouse.
But on the up-side, I can't get her knocked-up!
No comments:
Post a Comment