Wednesday, November 12, 2003

It's Raining Gigs

It's been a potentially lucrative couple days. I got an email from a Buffalo-based Dave Matthews tribute band, (called Dreaming Tree) and was offered a gig in Binghamton this friday night. Well, I called the Hyatt, and the worth-less tools don't have me scheduled, so I accepted the job. Now I find myself cramming for said gig, scrawling out chord charts to a total of 19 DMB tunes. What sheer glee. Not surprsingly this will be a concerted effort which will take time away from both piano minor and my trombone recital, but the band is throwing $100 at me for what's probably a 2-hour show. Why the hell not?

Maryanne called me with yet another offer, for $200 to play trombone in the pit band of a spring musical down in the lesser Nunda area. Now that's a good fuckin' deal. 200 bones to go to a few rehearsals and play for a school show. God-damn.

Meghan came over between classes today and we got mostly naked, it was tremendous fun. More frequently would be a definite bonus too.

Guess that about wraps it all up for today. Not terribly eventful. But I'm le tired, so I'm going to have a nap, then fire z missiles!

No comments: