Thursday, October 30, 2003

Boring synopsis of last two days... read at will

Tuesday evening was quite entertaining, although not enough clothes came off, just outer layers, like a sweatshirt and socks. After school Meghan accompanied me back to the love-shack for a late lunch, but we never did eat. We just goofed around and then the make-out pre-requisite tickling occurred, and we just kinda hung out on my couch for a few hours, in fairly close quarters frequently. I probably couldn't have asked for a more open invitation to start smooching her, except possibly the removal of garments, but I chickened out. What's wrong with me anyways? Since then we've been talking on the phone daily and I got a nice, long hug upon our parting earlier today. I'd better get rid of my yellow belly and initiate something next time I get the chance, or I'm just worthless. We'd almost made a dinner date thing for Friday, but it's Halloween & she's taking her niece out trick-or-treating, so that's off.

And I'm off, Saturday morning to the Shaw camp for a week-end get-a-way. Kirk, Ben and I are headed up for recreating & beer consumption. This was originally hatched as a Halloween party by Kirk, and we'd invited a good dozen people, but pretty much nobody could make it, so it's a guy's weekend with the three of us now. More beer for us.

The more time passes the more I realize it's next to impossible for me to transfer to Fred state in January. I re-calculated my budget, and after doling out $608 to Brockport's collections agency, and then paying off my car insurance for the fall, I won't have even close to enough to pay for an apartment security deposit, power and phone. I'll email Prof. Kilpatrick and explain it to him, and perhaps he'll offer some financial aid, but I'll likely need more than he's able to give. I'm starting to want to stick around and finish off my last MCC semester anyways... things will never be this easy in school again.

My toe has turned several shades of colors. It's currently a nice, dark red around the toe-nail, and fairly black under the nail itself. It's swollen and I suspect the nail's a goner eventually too. Not a pretty sight. I'm still limping around, but it hurts substantially less now, and I can flex my toe without much pain, although the swelling makes that a tad uncomfortable. I've been wearing my toasty fleece slippers all week, so they're rank, and getting a badly-needed wash. I look forward to wearing socks & shoes and walking normally again, and hopefully soon. And I'm definitely hoping I can be back on the rink in a couple weeks... aside from my love for the game, my goal-tending has become consistently good, and my team appreciates, and needs my services. Now I just need to think up some way of protecting my feet without resorting to heavy, cumbersome steel-toed boots. So if any of you have any bright ideas... leave me a comment and suggest it!

I guess that's about all for now... was it me or was this a great summary of the last couple days, but not so much really entertaining? I need to find something to bitch about so I can write amusing posts.

No comments: