Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Of bruises, colleges and phone numbers

I spent most of yesterday limping around, wearing my fleece slippers instead of shoes. My left big toe has turned a distinctive shade of dark purple, covering most of the front, inside, and top. That slap-shot was a daisy for sure. I'm not as worried as I was earlier yesterday though, as it doesn't hurt as much when I touch it (which I try to avoid doing) and it doesn't at all hurt to walk. The bruise on my right thigh is looking colorful as well, sporting purple & pink. Lovely.

I regaled MCC faculty with my Fredonia story from Friday, and they all seemed to think it was a good idea. My talk with Mr. Shaw was most useful, naturally. Both he and Mr. Nyerges informed me that admissions are more flexible than I had been thinking, meaning that if Mr. Kilpatrick wants me in, there'll be room for me. However, Mr. Shaw pointed out that I was planning on going there next fall anyways; it's Kilpatrick who wants me to alter my plans and go early. Therefore I'm in an excellent position to ask for money from his employer to assist me in my early move. So my next step (along with the application) is to draft an email to Mr. Kilpatrick thanking him for the lessons Friday, and expressing interest in going there in the spring, then tactfully bargaining for scholarships, jobs or other money. Shaw has graciously offered to help me revise said email. This could very well work out splendidly!

In other news, I have blue ink on the back of my hand resembling a phone number. I've been making conversation & jokes with a hot new music student at school, and after I suggested I could let her know about some of our up-coming drinking/poker nights, she grabbed my right hand & neatly wrote her cell number on it. Appreciative as I was with this decision of hers, the ink from that pen is more color-fast than permanent marker. At least I won't lose her number for a couple days...

I'm your huckleberry

No comments: