Monday, February 14, 2005

Ok, I'm sappy, but I swear it has nothing to do with a certain greeting-card "holiday!"

I'm only making a sappy post today out of sheer co-incidence. I actually considered waiting an extra day. Besides, this all happened Saturday night anyway, so it's not about goddamned valentines day.

Anyway, Heidi and I were shopping Saturday night in Wegmans, and we couldn't decide what to make for dinner, either of us. So we were having this back-and-forth conversation along the lines of:
"What do you want to make?"
"I don't know, you decide."
"I can't decide, what do you feel like having?"
Etc.

Well, I finally concluded, "I guess we'll just have to walk in circles around the store until we figure it out!"
Right after this comment, some lady smiled and said we were "just adorable." She said something to the effect that I obviously listend to Heidi and that I seemed like a nice young man. We laughed and I made casual comments like "I have everyone fooled," but really we loved hearing it. Like the sappiest of couples, we tend to be our favorite subject.

Who needs valentines day when almost every day is that romantic?

So I won't be sending Heidi flowers, chocolates or cards, I'll just be madly in love with her like every other day!

Pretty mushy, huh?

9:56:37 PM... in other news, I really enjoy my music copyright class. And I really read music at an early high-school level. Yep, I may be considering finishing up at Fred with a music business degree. I hope I make some kind of well-thought-out decision before it's time to register for the fall...

I briefly chatted with the copyright / business teacher, and while he acknowledged that it would help to live in the NY/LA/Nashville areas, it's certainly possible to make a living as a manager / producer / songwriter in smaller markets. He made a fine living for himself in the Buffalo area, producing acts like the Goo Goo Dolls, Sixpence None The Richer, and 10,000 Maniacs (and Rochester's own Jennifer Marie).

Yes, you read right. He's my teacher. Groovy.

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Mushy is as mushy does. Heh. I'm glad we agree on V-D. Just like everything else. Do we disagree about anything?

Ryan said...

Sure we do! We disagree about who loves who more, although clearly I love you more. :op

How's that for disgustingly sappy?