It's official: Wednesday night's concert was great! Concert Band played excellently, and ACB was at least adequate. Not quite as good as last semester though. About Concert Band, our director sent us all an email with the following praise:
Dear Concert Band,
Congratulations on another outstanding concert last night. It seems to be getting easier and easier for us to perform well. You have, by playing up to your potential and beyond, raised the standards for this group. I am already looking forward to our April 21st concert. Enjoy your day off today!
best,
[name omitted]
Julia came to the show (all by her lonesome too!) and had good remarks about it, even ACB. I played in both bands, as the ACB's director is also the assistant trombone instructor, so he roped me into playing. Not sure if I will for the 4/21 show or not. Couldn't hurt, really.
After the concert, I shed my tux and TJ, Julia and I headed to BJ's to enjoy the dollar pint night. I happily restricted myself to a mere three pints and was able to make it home for my nightly phone call and be up on time (and not hung-over) for morning class. Bully for me.
Yesterday I had to email Ferguson and ask for the UPS tracking number for the horn, which I got in a few hours. So I've been hungrily checking the tracking website, following my new trombone across the country. As of now it's estimated to be delivered on Tuesday the 22nd.
And now, I tidy up around here, shower, pack, and make for home. This weekend should be something special, as Heidi's folks hit the road to visit her brother and sister, who live in different states down south. So we'll be able to enjoy the privacy of an empty house. Well, empty except for the animals.
Mmm, privacy.
Friday, February 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment