I think I'm losing weight, which pleases me. The last couple of days or so, my 34" jeans have been riding rather low on my hips, which is definitely a new development. Now I know this has absolutely nothing to do with exercise or conditioning. And I'm sure I eat at least once a day, although probably not enough, since I feel hungry quite a bit. Perhaps it's tape-worms! Egads! Now if I'd shore up my meal times and hit the school gym (or pool!) 2-3 days per week, I could lose weight in a healthy way, and actually get into shape! Wow! In the meantime, I'll take satisfaction in the knowledge that at least I'm not gaining weight.
To that end, I abandoned my recent poor habit of not consuming anything except coffee and water until late afternoon, and I actually just had a bowl of cereal. Yum.
Today is my lightest day of the week, schedule-wise, enabling me to get scads of things done. Especially practice. Here's a list in no particular order:
• go to Wal-Mart and look for a larger duffel bag for weekends. Hopefully something that's not too crappy;
• go to the post office to mail back the defective 256MB memory chip;
• go back to the library and return a boring bass trombone book, in exchange for a different one;
• also at the library: look around for some Bach cello suites to work on... apparently they make for very good trombone music(!);
• tidy up the kitchen;
• try to scan in excerpts for conducting;
• written theory homework.
Aside from that lovely list, I also have loads of things to practice on my bass bone, piano, and string bass. Fun stuff. I have trombone choir at 4:00, after which I'll hit the lab to do this week's aural theory lab assignment. (And maybe appropriate more software from the iMacs)
I'll tote the ol' iBook along with me so I can do some updating here and there. My take-along blog... MacJournal rocks!
Update... no need to hunt down cello suites, for Boston Symphony bass trombonist Doug Yeo has trombone editions available for free download on his website! What a guy.
4:40:59 PM... I practiced for awhile, and those cello suites are tough. I'll just chip away at them a little. I also dug in on Bordogni/Rochut etudes down an octave. That old Conn 70H I have is none too nimble. I'm getting more and more anxious for my new Getzen, which is probably hanging around the factory somewhere. Last I checked with Ferguson they were out of stock. Balls. That second valve will come in exceptionally handy for low register stuff (which is why it was invented... duh!)
I'm having a conflict over whether to get a dependent or independent valve system. I think I'm going independent, but there are pluses and minuses to each configuration.
I discovered that practicing and playing (especially low) is more uncomfortable when I'm hungry. It's as if my hunger is amplified when I play alot, and the combination of hunger and having to take such frequent deep breaths made me light-headed and kind of wired, for lack of a better term.
Oh well. Back to Mason soon to practice more...
9:02:45 PM... no practicing, really. I went to the lab instead, only to find that there's no theory lab due friday! Huzzah! There's a fresh coat of fucking snow out there, and it's all of 28°. Great. Do I ever love winter. And now I'm off to BJ's for dollar draughts to unwind.
1:58:04 AM... I'm rather drunk. Or at least 3/4 in the bag. And I lost my fucking keys tonight. This could put a serious kink in my plan to be home by noon on Friday. Goddamn it. I'm a fuck-up. Oh well... hopefully they'll turn up tomorrow so I'm not stuck here until 3:00 on friday. What can I do?
Ok, now I eat a yummy. drunken dinner & go to bed. And take TJ's Saturn into school tomorrow, dammit.
Fuck and damn.
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think it was rather irresponsible of you to lose your car keys in a staggering drunken stupor. That really chaps my ass, and I'm not afraid to say it. Under my own name.
Come to think of it, I'm really actually pissed about that. Now I have to suffer because you were a jackass. Thanks a lot.
Hmm.. I'm wondering if the weight-loss thing is related to you running around campus. Huzzah to that! It's amazing what walking will do.
I'm impressed with your hunting down of the Bach cello suites. I really don't like Bach. I tried, really I did! His Partidas worked out well for those ultra boring pieces you needed for auditions (as supplements.. not the main piece), but I was happy to get away from them!
Come on, who doesn't like the famous D minor Chaconne?
Post a Comment