Friday, November 19, 2004

The Waiting Game

9:49 AM... the end is in sight! I coasted through theory, went to financial aid to talk about the instrument loan some more, and came back to the apartment. Now I'll be counting down the hours an minutes until I can be back home, and reunited with *ahem* certain people. It's going to be a great week, I think. The worst part of today is going to be Foundations, since I'm going to be all kinds of anxious to get it done with. Vacation begins at 12:50 PM, even though I have to stay here for a couple hours this after-noon. To wait for the goddamn mail to get here. If that bass bone invoice comes today (and it had damn well better), I'm running it and BK's letter up to fin. aid right away. If not I have to waste time going to the post-office and having them hold my mail, so the goddamn thing doesn't get soaked sitting in the mailbox for a week.

One nice thing about this morning was a quintessential music school experience... hearing the sounds of Bach, played on a mallet instrument, gently floating through the air from a percussion room. It's part of the beauty of Mason.

2:09 PM... no mail yet. I'm kicking around the apartment, just waiting. Chatting online, and thinking of being home later. I should start packing soon, so I can get going as soon the mail-person gets here. If the invoice comes, I'm stopping into school to drop off the paperwork. I really want this loan shit in gear ASAP. But I'd like to get home quickly too. I have a vacation to enjoy!

4:52... Victory is mine! Well, at least partial victory. My invoice arrived, and I took it and the other requisite paper-work to FinAid, and got the ball rolling. Looks like I may get to have my Stafford loan increased enough to almost cover the horn! Then I wouldn't have to have Dad co-sign anything. Huzzah for that. Anyway, I find out Monday. And now, I shower, stuff shit in my car, and then I'm off like a prom dress!

8:00... ahhh, home sweet home. Only to arrive to a conflict of interests. It looked for a few mintues like I'd have to put myself in the dog-house by picking between two people to hang out with, ugh. Well, the "crisis" is basically averted, since I have no interest in going to Smokin' Joe's at 10:00 tonight. I think a quiet evening with a girl and some beer suits me better.

Anyways, ahh... home sweet home!

2:43 AM... oh my god. oh my god. Amazing!

It's gonna be a great week. *big grin*

No comments: