9:27 AM... Thank Christ yesterday's over. It was a complete pig of a day, especially the first half. And I'm one day closer to Thanksgiving break. Even though I haven't been working as hard as I should here, I feel like I need a break anyway. Not that it'll be a break, since there's a ton of shit I have to bring home to work on. Piano, flute, possibly trumpet, conducting, aural theory, and all my trombone stuff. Somewhere in there I intend to enjoy myself too.
In aural theory today I was called upon to sight-sing. Not good. I butchered it, openly demonstrating my incompetance. I left class thinking that I suck and probably don't belong in music school. Then I got some breakfast and I sorta feel better.
And now, I go off to practice stuff. All kinds of stuff.
11:16... fuck shit piss! I ran into someone from class in the hall before practice who (thankfully) reminded me that we have a test in Foundations at noon. So now I'm in the library reading the chapter. Hey, now's as good a time as any, right?
1:53 PM... The "ayes" have it... the current time-stamp format will rule the day. I like it better too.
I survived the Foundations test, and I think I answered the majority of the questions good enough to pass. Now I'm enjoying my quiet lunch hour, chatting online and making some plans for Thanksgiving break. I think some food would be in order before I head back to Mason around 3. But what to eat? Hmmm....
3:23... In the Willy C, wolfing down a couple pieces of pizza. The cafe in Mason advertised some Italian Wedding soup, but the bastards were out. So I settled for the pizza. And an apple juice. Yay. Now I get to go warm up for trombone choir. Then it's off to practice piano, which is practically futile, but I have to try. I have a ton of shit to practice tonight, but since there's the goddamn Foundations group project tonight, I'm not convinced I'll get to much of it. Man am I ready for break. I'll be counting down the hours by tomorrow. 1:00 Friday and I'm out like the fat kid in dodgeball.
5:29... Just returned to the the pad from trombone choir. We played Christmas tunes for some gig we may get December 2nd. Several of us, however, won't be there, we'll be at the NYSSMA conference (in Rochester!) instead. Oh well. It'd be a good gig, but I'd rather be home with my peeps. Also, on the last song we played, my sight-playing was so shitty that the director had a high school player move over and double the part with me. Yes, I suck.
I should say that this high schooler is an All-Eastern bass bone player, so perhaps that mitigates it. But I still can't sight read for shit, which should have all kinds of fun consequences for my jury. Whee!
2:15 AM... After a long and lovely phone conversation with my favorite person, I joined TJ at BJ's for dollar pints. Of Saranac Black Forest. Yummy. I only have to struggle through tomorrow, basically, as I imagine Friday will be mostly a bullshit day. Two classes, and I intend to be on the road after the latter of them. And after four pints of beer, I'm wondering what the fuck I'm still doing up. Oh, I know.... I'm a drunken fuck-up. Now that I've settled this, I'm going to have my drunk munchie snack (a tuna melt!) and go collapse into bed. Too bad I'm going there alone, grrr. I'd rather have company, and you know who you are.
8:00 theory tomorrow? I guess we'll just see about that!
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
*grins* Too much beer can make anyone randy.
Even you? *winks* Not that you need beer...
Post a Comment