Man am I fucking tired. I didn't leave Rochester till almost 1 am last night. The temptation of a few extra minutes with a certain someone was too great to resist (as was the sex). Consequently I didn't get back to Fred until a shade after 3am... ouch. I got a whopping three(ish) hours of sleep, so I'm kind of dragging today. But I just have to make it through this week, then it's Thanksgiving break. Nine days of no school... I can't wait!
So I'm going to try to chronicle my daily happenings this week, for something new. For shits n' giggles. Who knows if I'll keep up with it for the whole week, but I'll try. I'm thinking several posts per day, whenever random thoughts or bitching strikes me, and whenever I'm near my iBook. Or perhaps I'll jot ideas down in MS Word and then cut and paste the post to the blog later.
The biggest development lately isn't something I'm sure I can blog about yet (grr), so there hasn't been much to write about. Everything else is business as usual I guess.
Except getting a new horn. I've managed to arrange an instrument loan to buy me a bass trombone. I had to jump through some hoops last week to make it happen (including some subterfuge), but it looks like it's going to happen. Within a couple months I'll own this horn. Not too shabby.
And now, I'm off to practice something. Not sure what just yet. More to come later.
More:
10:57 AM… practice break. I’ve been holed up in Mason 3111 wailing away on some Blazhevich (who my teacher, BK, says is “out to get you.”). I’ve put in about a half an hour on the ‘bone, and it’s probably about time to switch to piano or flute, as I want to keep my sessions to about 30-40 minutes each. Dividing up practice like that is good for the chops. Not to mention the hand. The trombone I’m using is a circa 1936 Conn 70H. It’s an unwieldy beast, and almost all the weight of the instrument is in the front. Heavy bell, heavy slide, heavy everything. And the grip isn’t exactly ergonomically designed, so I start to suffer a little bit of fatigue and discomfort in pretty short order. Not to mention after a half an hour.
And I can’t wait until Thanksgiving break starts this Friday.
11:35 AM… I hate piano. Or perhaps it just hates me.
And while we’re at it, J.S. Bach could just eat a bag of shit. Except he’s dead, which is good, since if he wasn’t I’d kill him.
7:14 PM… Incidentally, I hate the fucking flute too. And I’m just not so nuts about Foundations group projects.
8:19 PM... back to Mason for more practice. Piano, flute, perhaps some trombone, even. Just where I want to be on Monday night when I'm already exhausted.
1:16 AM... I can barely keep my eyes open. Time for me to collapse into bed. I have nothing to look forward to tomorrow until noon, when I can come home for lunch, and get online to chat. 8:00-12:00 (particularly the 9:30-10:50 part) is just no fun, to say the least. Fuck it.
Monday, November 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like reading your posts. Don't stop. Don't stop! *grins*
Hmm, where have I heard that before? *winks*
What recent events are you talking about? Heh heh.
Oh, you know. *winks* the really fun events that we can't get enough of. (like there is enough!)
Post a Comment