8:59 AM... I just have to make it through today, and it's a brief coast through half of Friday, then I can go home! There's a few hurdles to clear today, the first of which is conducting. If we didn't have part of a chapter test I'd think about skipping. And god help that girl if she opens her dick-trap today, I just won't deal with it anymore. I'll break my foot off in her ass quicker than she can say "Georg Solti." I'm not putting myself thousands of dollars into debt to listen to some arrogant little piss-ant take me to task. No, sir.
Ok, off I go, full report to come later!
12:15 PM... conducting was uneventful, thankfully. No problems, which makes me happy. Now I'm grabbing a quick lunch before I head back to a practice room to try to cram for a piano quiz. I doubt it'll be very effective. Then I dodge down to BK's office for a second lesson this week. Christ. Then I'm off the hook until evening, when there's a concert... Wind Ensemble. it's the premier band here and they're always awesome, and play excellent repertoire. I'll try to give it a quick review later. If I remember.
12:40 AM... Quite the uneventful day, thankfully. After my lesson, I came back here to the pad and crashed. Like, for hours. TJ woke me up when he left for conducting, and I sluggishly went about making some food, and then I went to see Wind Ensemble. Great show... especially since it was kicked off with a brass choir. Sadly, a woodwind group followed that... you can't win em all. The only piece I didn't care for all that much was a Hartley Concerto for alto sax. It was kind of like an etude with a band backing it up. Very bland. Walter Hartley was out in the audience too... interesting. He's old as the hills.
I didn't get one of the pieces of mail that I really wanted today, which is an invoice for the bass trombone I'm getting. Financial Aid needs this invoice (plus a couple other bits of paper-work) so I can get an instrument loan. So now I get to waste a couple hours tomorrow, waiting for the mail to come, when I could be on the road home. Fuck a duck. At least I did get one great piece of mail... a letter from my beloved. That kind of thing is always wonderful, I think, and it really made my day.
Ok, I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed. I haven't gotten enough sleep all goddamn week. I'm glad I can just coast tomorrow... I can't wait to get out of here for a week and back home.
Ahh, home.
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I still think you should kick her in the box.
*sigh* Violence is not the answer. Then again I can't remember the question. So who needs an answer. Let's kick 'er in the box!
Post a Comment