That's all she wrote...
Howard Dean has officially ended his presidential campaign, which comes as no surprise to me, although I have to admit that I'm disappointed. His announcement and his website both vow to continue fighting and campaigning for reform and real change within politics at large and the Democratic Party. I'm all for that... I believe that Dean was the single most important catalyst of change in this campaign, and he's the one who made the other Dems get up and take a stand against Dubya and the GOP. We Democrats have been running scared from our own political ideology, and we've been on the defensive ever since Bush Sr. attacked Dukakis in 88, impugning him as a "Massachussets liberal," as if liberal were an invective. All the GOP has to do to anyone they don't like is call them liberal and instantaneously Americans cringe, as if he was a Catholic bishop or some other kind of pedophile. Liberal isn't a curse, it isn't an insult, and it's god-damn well time for non-GOP Americans to stand up, embrace the term "liberal," and take the word back. (like Eminem did with the word "faggot.") We're Democrats for fuck's sake! Let's acknowledge that we're liberal about at least some things! Let's make it an insult no longer when some Republican calls us liberals, but let us see it as a description we're not ashamed of.So I tried to get the community symphony I'm in the MCC ensemble room to practice in next Tuesday, as we can't use the church we usually rehearse in. Originally Mr. Fitt said yes, so I leisurely set about reserving it, and found out he had to email security about it. So along came last friday, and I remembered to take care of this right before I left school that day. Mr. Fitt was gone for the day, so I asked John instead, thinking that one full-time faculty was as good as the next. Well, stupid me. John immediately questioned whether or not we can use the room, and said Mr. Fitt over-stepped his authority in saying we could have the room. So he emailed the VAPA department head over the weekend and was answered with an unqualified no. I had already gotten approval from one faculty and told the orchestra director we had the room, only to be torpedoed by another faculty. Put me in a hell of a fun position. Thankfully the director isn't in the least mad at me for this, although she's understandably irritated with the inter-departmetnal red tape. I got boned in the pooper and I didn't even get so much as a reach-around. That's probably the last favor I ask of anyone around there, given the power struggle emerging. Fuck it anyways.
I got bored and signed up for another free trial of a personals service online... I seem to do this once a year or so when I'm bored and single. I'm glad I'm not paying for it, since there's slim pickings as far as semi-wothwhile women there. A psycho or two emailed me first, and since this service is tied in with AOL Instant Messenger, I had to block one of them... crazy chicks, I tell ya! I emailed a couple others and one girl, a tall, cute brunette no less, gave me her digits after a few days of IMing. She seems nice in a fluffy, superficial kind of way. Then again I can't really say that I know her very well at all, so I can cling to the hope that there's more depth to her somewhere. If not maybe I'll at least get laid or something. If not I can always go to TJ's and get drunk. Which I do every night anyways. Unless we go somewhere else to drink. But usually not. Man is life boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment