King George's Edict
Yesterday Dubya officially announced his support of an actual Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. He didn't go so far as to say that he would outlaw legal benefits for gay or unmarried couples. But he did say the "sanctity" of the institution of marriage needs to be protected. I'd like to second what an Iranian blogger had to say about that particular choice of phrase, which was that sanctity is by definition related to religious matters. Webster's Dictionary, by way of Dictionary.com defines "sanctity" as:The state or quality of being sacred or holy; holiness; saintliness; moral purity; godliness.
This leaves me, like the "Eyeranian" wondering what a secular state is doing legislating sacred matters. This suggested amendment signifies the first time the Constitution would be used to deny rights to Americans. A document used to liberate people, a benchmark in politics, sociology, and philosophy which set in motion the ideas of democracy and empowerment of the citizen, will have for the first time been stained with the shame of bigotry and prejudice.
News websites have suggested that even GOP legislators are a little hesitant to press this amendment through, and if it does pass, it'll be a dark day for this country and its legacy of liberty and justice for all.
Also in the news I went out to lunch yesterday with a lass I met through the personals website I mentioned a few days ago. We'd corresponded through instant messenger for a few days or so, and she went and asked me to lunch, so there it was. She's pretty tall, about 5'8" or 5'9" with jet black hair, about shoulder-length. She's got nice blue and green eyes, and a lithe dancer's body. And pierced nipples. I've only been told about this, however. Her boobs come up with some frequency in conversation, and she's actually the one to bring them up 90 or so percent of the time. She hasn't brought them out while bringing them up yet, but hope springs eternal. She seems pretty taken with me so far, and I'm intrigued enough to go out with her again, so we'll just have to see what becomes of this. Oh yeah, and she's pretty cool so far too... easy-going and a good sense of humor. Likes to joke around and give a hard time to you, she's fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment