Happy Friggin New Year, etc
The final tally for last night's Hyatt party was $172 in tips. Not bad, eh? The bar-backing was more organized, with just myself and Joe, the asst. manager as the only personnel with access to the liquor cage or beer cooler. So nobody was able to muscle in on my action, and I got all the tips. The party wrapped up at 1:30, then I spent way too long talking to the band's bassist, which was cool, but I should've cut it much shorter. After I got tipped out, I went downstairs and raided the house-keeping dept. for pants and a nice, black sport-coat, single-breasted with three buttons. I also hooked a pair of grey dress trousers, but they size them oddly. The pants are a 34" waist, but they're almost too tight on me. My jeans are a little snug, but they're 32". Ah well... free is free.Oh yes, and we got screwed out of our holiday pay rate. Last year we got either $14 or $15 an hour, but they apparently decided we're not worth that this year. Well fuck them... it's the last holiday I'll work for them without holiday pay. I'm gonna check the NYS consolidated labor laws and see what it has to say about holiday pay. We'll just see about this horse-shit.
So after work I dodged home and changed out of my penguin suit and called around to see where the crew was. Turns out they were already over at TJ's, and so I grabbed some mixers (coke, 7up, ginger) and ice and headed over to tie as many on as I could for starting at 3:00 am. I had barely gotten there when Tatiana called and announced she was coming over with a friend. It wasn't terrible or anything, but she got a little tanked and was slightly hanging around TJ alot. This happens to alot of drunk girls, from what I've seen... I was surprised I got the drunk girl two nights ago! Anyways, I can't tell you how happy I'd be if Tatiana got it on with TJ at a party one of these days... boy, that'd just be great. [/sarcasm] I'm not really hung up on her anymore, but I don't want to see, hear, or know about my ex-girlfriend fooling around with one of my best friends. I'd really rather that not occur at all, but it's a free country. So if it just has to happen sometime, I definitely need to not be told. Am I out of line with this? Is this sentiment unreasonable? Maybe I just haven't let go or something.
TJ and I have made some loose New Year's resolutions regarding our self-abusive lifestyles. It's been determined that we both need to cut back on the drinking to excess 6-7 nights a week game. We also figured it wouldn't hurt to knock off some of the junk food. So in furhurance of the first goal, we're trying to gradually wind down... first to 2-3 nights a week, then to 1-2 nights a week when school starts later this month. However, we won't seem to be implementing this bold new directive until next week, since it's been decided that we're drinking tonight. And since friday night's made for drinking, it's assumed we'll do just that. We both work saturday, so maybe that's a good night to start. Or perhaps not, I guess we'll see. But one of these days, I tell you.
Back to my re-cap of last night... so Tatiana and friend left at around 5:30 or 6:00 and TJ, John and I hung around for a bit longer until we all ran out of steam. TJ crapped out first, and I left shortly there-after... at about 7:00 am. After working for 8 hours. Man, I'm a champ!
To-night I believe I'll try to get my lady friend from the other night over to drink with us again. She's all kinds of fun, especially to drink with. And yes, I'd like to facilitate a repeat of the other night's naked escapades if it's possible. Who the hell knows if it is, but I'd like to find out.
That's all the news that's fit to print for now. Happy New Year!
F off!
No comments:
Post a Comment