Saturday, January 03, 2004

I've had abuse heaped upon me, but I asked for all of it

Firstly, there are the bite-marks still adorning my upper arms, but then came hockey. Last night I participated in a gruelling skate-and-shoot, which transformed into a pickup game. Apparently all the best players came out, and so there was lots of scoring. The other goalie stood on his head making all kinds of incredible saves, but even he got scored on quite a bit. I however, sucked. For what-ever reasons may be, I didn't do much playing well, and most of what was shot at the net found its destination without interruption from me. I hope I got all my crappy playing out of the way last night, as we've got a double-header tomorrow! We seem to be making up last week's cancelled game in addition to our normal one, so it'll be a tiring night, to be sure.

Hokay! Anyways, that brings us to the second point of abuse, which was the hockey in general, and getting hit with a slap-shot on the inside right elbow. Man that hurts like a son-of-a-bitch. It hurts to fully extend my arm, actually. The limitations of my more affordable armour seem to make themselves known more often than I'd like. But hey... if it hit me, it didn't hit the net, right?

Today brings another gleeful shift at the Hyatt, and possibly going out afterwards for a drink or three with Ben and Matt, who's in town from the Greater Manhattan, Lesser NJ area. So I really should get into the hotel by 4:00 so I can justify leaving early if they'll let me. Unless I'm really lucky and the function only goes till 11 or something. So this means I need to go wash my ass and shave. And do at least a warm-up on my horn.

In parting, here's a not-so-nice outlook from the National Weather Service office in Buffalo, about tomorrow/tomorrow night....

...WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT...

LIGHT RAIN WILL DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT AND CHANGE TO SNOW BY SUNDAY
MORNING WITH AN INCH OR SO ACCUMULATION. STEADIER SNOW WILL REDEVELOP
SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND BECOME MIXED WITH OR CHANGE TO SLEET AND
FREEZING RAIN SUNDAY EVENING. SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW AND
ICE ARE POSSIBLE DURING THAT PERIOD. PRECIPITATION SHOULD TAPER OFF
AFTER MIDNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT.

Time to pull out the heavy-duty ice scraper and leave the wind-shield wipers up...

No comments: