Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Oh, the drama!

I can hardly decide where to begin, as far as describing or even summarizing this past weekend. That bit of wisdom I mentioned in the last post was disregarded, and I've spent the great majority of my time since Friday night with Tatiana and TJ. And it's been hella fun too! Honestly, no sarcasm. The three of us have the same sense of humor, so we just sat around (when there wasn't some crisis or carpentry happening) and made fun of stuff. I'd forgotten that point about the sense of humor... it's a big reason Tatiana and I became attracted at first, I think, so why wouldn't we all get along famously now? In fact, we spent two hours last night at Tim Horton's (just like the old days) for dinner before I went to the Tuesday night Hooters thing. Groovy.


I think I'll just make a few routine what's-going-on(eh?) remarks for now, and collect and organize my thoughts before I write about this weekend's events. I will write about them, as they were legendary, and must be chronicled in the annals of my history. If I'm verbose enough (fat chance, right?) I can make a novella of this thing, so I hope you'll be ready to either read or scroll alot.

In the latest news, John Kerry carried the Iowa caucuses, and Dean actually came in 3rd. A wee surprising, but not the end of the world. A victory in New Hampshire would be pretty bonus though.

The audition to Fred State is tomorrow and I've managed to practice almost as little as I feasably could. Stupid, stupid, stupid. So now I have to cram today (which isn't really possible) and make sure I have two semi-contrasting solos marginally presentable by 2:00 PM tomorrow. Unfortuantely, I've taken the pressure off myself because I think I'd have to play pretty poorly and incompetantly to not pass this audition.

TJ will be accompanying me on this excursion (but not on the solos), and we'll be stopping in Sheridan, NY before noon to pay off a speeding ticket so I don't get my license suspended. I could do without the loss of $135 but at least I won't have to deal with the guilty conscience of being a scofflaw. [/sarcasm] I just dished out $152 to the car insurance company, who was totally inflexable with me as far as letting me spread my payments out over a couple months since I'm almost totally fucking broke now. So this ticket fine will about do me in. Fuckers.

Kirk has been steadily moving out, although our lease is still in effect for another 4 months. His dresser and computer desk are gone from his room now. I should follow suit and clean this place up, taking crap back to my parents or to the VOA as I go. Packing at the last minute sucks. Actually, moving sucks.

TJ and Tatiana came to watch the hockey game sunday night, which we lost 5-3. Not a miserable score, but it figures that we lose the game people come to. Sounds like they may come out to future games, so they're sure to see us win. We played a team that likes to get a little physical, and Ben, our team's enforcer was in D.C. for the weekend. If he were there making them pay for every shot on goal maybe we'd have won. Or perhaps that's wishful thinking. Either way, I'm glad there was no bench-clearing brawl, cause their goalie was huge!

Finally, I've been offered a blueberry iMac by Stenzel, for a steal. These latest bills might torpedo my ability to scrape up the measly $150-200 he's asking, but I'm looking into it, since this upgraded G3 jalopy isn't the smoothest-running machine in the land. A native G3 would be quicker and more stable. I'm hoping this iMac is at least 500 MHz too, that'd rawk.

Hokay! Time for me to get practicing... I'll dig in on the novel about this weekend past very soon, I promise. Start building up your anticipation!

Oh well! Fire missiles!

No comments: