I'd like to thank you on behalf of the band and I hope we passed the audition
- John Lennon
So I successfully auditioned at Fred State. It was a fairly informal affair, and Kilpatrick made it as non-intimidating as could be. I played my Vivaldi well, my Galliard mediocre, and my scales were acceptable. My sight-reading sucked, but I did very well on the pitch and rhythmic matching, as well as the sight-singing. Huzzah. He said he could still hear a definite bass trombone influence in my playing. However, he already has 2 bass trombones there, so it's up in the air as to whether I'll be a bass or tenor principal there. Either way, I did it. He said he's pass along a very high recommendation to admissions to accept me, so n ow I only have to send them my transcripts and hope that the college thinks it's good enough. I'm not looking for scholarships or excellence here... just good enough.
Strive for mediocrity.
I'll update more news soon (like tomorrow), such as having a good-looking chick back her car into mine on Park Ave. late Thursday night. And the new band is going well thus far too.
All this and more in the next post, for now I have to practice more, shower and go to work.
Wheee.
No comments:
Post a Comment