Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Plans for New Year's Eve... working

The Hyatt owns my ass tonight, it's true. While everyone else I know is out revelling in the bars and the streets (and in Times Square, NYC in one friend's case), I'll be working at the god-damn Hyatt. At least I'm bar-backing though. We should get the $15 per hour rate, plus I should make loads o' tips, so I'll make mad ducats tonight, yo. And as if working on New Year's wasn't already a big enough bite in the ass, I have to shear my face of it's 2 1/2 weeks of growth, which rankles me a wee. I'm becoming hirsute to the degree of Robin Williams, it seems. I have a full beard in just those 2 1/2 weeks... not stubble, mind you, but a legitimate full beard. I hate having to shave for a job. It's my face, shouldn't I get to do with it what I please? Besides, it's winter, and a beard is nature's scarf. Until last year, I'd grown a beard every single winter since I was about 20 or 21. Thanks, Hyatt.

After work though... I party. Bars are open till 4 am for the most part, and the Hyatt bars close at 1:00, so I should be good to go and laden with tips by about 2:00. I'll be meeting up with TJ, Brett, John & the rest of the gang on the Alexander St. strip of bars for drunken jack-assery and incompetant boobery.

Anyways, enough with my incessant bitching. I'm off to shower, hack off my beard, put on my penguin suit and go to work.

Oh yeah... and after symphony rehearsal last night, a college friend/new drinking buddy (who shall remain anonymous for now) and I dropped into TJ's and drank ourselves silly. I took her home around 3:00 or so, and she took off everything except her wee g-string, and yanked me into bed with her. She soon fell victim to a frequent consequence of drunken romance, though: sleep. But it was definitely a fun way to kill time while it lasted. I'm hoping for future inebriated revelry with her, since she's great fun to hang out with, and of course, I'd love a repeat performance of last night. Except without the falling asleep before screwing bit.

Happy New Year! Boo-yah.

No comments: