A belated RIP
I was perusing the Mesa Community College website, which I linked to in the last post, and I was stunned to find out that one of my former faculty passed away. Grant Wolf, a quiet giant of a man and a musician, passed away in August 2002. A little late, I know. He was always good to me, and was instrumental in my musical development in Arizona, letting me play in the jazz and concert bands at Mesa. I remember a tall, thin man, with a grey pony-tail and a bushy grey moustache. He lived up to his surname in appearance, somehow. He was a talented and caring educator and a great musician, saxophone being his principal instrument if I remember right. It took my breath away to read about losing that genuine and genuinely good man and musician.Rest in peace, Grant Wolf.
No comments:
Post a Comment