Sunday, December 14, 2003

Sheer lunacy

Fear not, dear Real-bookers, I've not left you. All two or three of you and the legions who come to my blog because it's called "real book" and was found by a search-engine.

Finals insanity has begun. The last couple weeks of school had me scrambling to prepare for my recital and jazz band concert, not to mention the fact that Kirk once again put the kibosh on road runner, so I've been without internet for about a week. This is a cyclic occurence, so I may have a cable modem again one day: Kirk finds a new girl-friend, spends all his time with her, essentially moving out. He starts slashing bills, since he's never here, so the cable modem goes, as did the phone bill, and the question of ditching the lease early, leaving me to move back in with my parents even came up with the last girl-friend. Then after several months, Kirk can't make things work out with girl-friend, and they break up and Kirk moves back in, spending most of his free time here, and decides he doesn't like not having road runner, and he signs up for it again. All or nothing, I guess.

Back to the school subject. I managed to pull together my Vivaldi sonata movement in time and performed adequately, scoring a 91 on the recital. Not too shabby. Huzzah, even. I'm currently pretty much over-whelmed to the point of immobility with preparations for my jury and piano minor finals this week. I have three solos to play Tuesday morning for the jury, which I don't really have down, and two things to play for piano wednesday, which I also don't really have ready yet. Add to this the foot of snow we're getting today and tonight, and you have a very inconvenient situation here. And I hate this fucking computer... every time I type a sentence I have to wait almost a minute for the fucking thing to finish on the screen. It manages about three or four letters a second... it's ri-goddamn-diculous. Next week I'm wiping the hard drive and re-installing the whole god-damn system from the ground up.

And Saddam was captured last night... how about that? Boo-ya. The black knights always triumph... have at you. I hope this doesn't cloud the brains of the fickle and sometimes feeble-minded electorate... just because the Army caught this dirt-bag doesn't mean our president's competent. Certainly his soldiers are, but he's still an abomination. The news claims Saddam's capture may hurt Howard Dean's standings vs. Bush, but I guess I'm not too worried about it. If I'm wrong, in another four years I might have a rough time of things, given that I'm a Democrat, poor, atheist, and a student. I'll be sent off to some evengelist christian re-education camp for criticizing King George or something. Dean for America!

That's it for now... my slow-ass computer is pissing me off and I desperately need to get to a piano somewhere. Bye kids, don't catch the flu!

Watch for the exciting next post, replete with stories about,
• Insanity at the not-so-happy Hyatt,
• The hells of finals week and juries,
• Digging out from minute blizzard '03,
• An up-coming trip to Canadia for titties n' beer

No comments: