I think I'm approaching critical mass
One of these days I need to get to the gym. I'm afraid to weigh myself... I've got to be topping out over 180 though. I've been piling on meals and portions, and none of my jeans button comfortably. I remember fondly the days of old when just sitting on my ass would keep me at 165 or 170. Apparently hitting 30 brought that chapter to a close. I almost went today, but I came up with some excuse or another. But tomorrow... tomorrow I... must... go. (a la William Shatner)I'm once again at mom & dad's sponging their resources. I had some lasagna (only this time I exercized some portion control and didn't eat too much!) and a couple slices of toast. But... mom brought in half a breaded chicken cutlet. I tried it, intending to just taste it. But man was it yummy, so I wound up wolfing the whole thing down... oops.
Tonight I head down to Acme Bar & Pizza to hang with my friend John once again, while he's in town from San Fran. I'll no doubt drink several pints of high-calorie beer and a slice or two of their greasy pizza. I'm starting to get a little displeased with my weight-gaining and eating habits. I actually think that I'm on the verge of getting displeased enough to start working out and eating smarter. Boo-yah.
That's about all that's gone on today... getting fat. And I was able to practice my 'bone for a bit too, which I haven't been able to because of cold sores plaguing my upper lip. God-damn those cold sores! I was unable to play for the past several days, and given my tendency to easily scar, I may even have permanant discoloration on my lip. Fuck and damn.
Tomorrow's docket:
• Hit the gym
• clean more of the apartment
• practice trombone and piano (my newly-acquired piano, but that's for a future blog, maybe)
• try to fix my shit-eating, fucked up computer
Emails went out to two trombone professors (Fredonia and Penn State), about and audition and a lesson/tour, respectively. Transcript requests and fees go out to former colleges (Cazenovia College, SUNY Brockport, Mesa Community College (AZ), and MCC) monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment