I am sheer, unadulterated genius
I've been mulling over my school schedule this fall, as I have to maintain at least 6 credit hours in order to keep from paying back my school loans. I'm registered for 2 music classes, and will likely add a third in the fall, provided I can test out of the pre-requisite. This leaves room to add yet more classes, but I couldn't really decide which ones. I initially went with a geography course, but got wait-listed, and a spanish course, with a professor Tatiana had & recommended. But only today did I get hit by a truly genius idea, while I was making lunch. I've registered for culinary courses. I love to cook, indeed, and it's a worth-while skill, if only for my own benefit. Also, if I find that I like the work, I can go on & study it instead of music. I do like to keep options open, really. I'm wait-listed for fundamentals of food production, and I'm enrolled in menu planning and food safety & sanitation, the latter of which is a handy online course. I'm hoping I can get into the fundamentals class, and since i'm only 1 of 2 students on the wait-list, there's a good chance it'll go my way.Once again I have entered brokedom. I have just a few dollars left of my money from saturday night's gig. Rent is due in two days and Kirk can only pay his share, so I'm here at my parents' house, waiting for them to return from bridge so I can ruin their day by begging for a mere $350. I applied to Wegman's & had an interview today, only to be sent away with a second interview scheduled. And I was informed that I'd likely only get 20-25 hours a week. At $6-6.50 an hour, that barely earns me enough for rent, let alone car insurance, food, gas and bass lessons. The god-damned Hyatt has seen fit to not offer me any hours except for the one day I returned last weekend, so unless that changes I'll be forced to get a second crappy part-time job for the summer. If this is how it's going to be I'll have to get third job in order to pay for all the booze I'll have to drink to keep from going mad.
No comments:
Post a Comment