You didn't ask for a summary of my week-end, but here it is anyway
Well I neglected to update on saturday, but really not too much happened. Or at least very little of merit to report upon.I discovered Tatiana didn't wind up competing, as her horse got spooked & jumped around, which made her rightly too nervous to get on him, so she was summarily dis-qualified from the rest of the weekend. I ought to break my foot off in somebody's ass for that one. She was already upset over this, and then to add to it her mom was fed up with the horse's antics & was declaring that she intended to sell him, which further upset Tatiana. So she spent all of saturday in a depressed mood, and it was heart-wrenching listening to her sniffle and sound so sad whenever we talked. It's always tough when the one you love is hurting & there's not a damn thing you can do to help. I hope that being there & listening on the phone helped, at least.
Oh, and Friday night was amusing... I met up with Tatiana at a laundromat in Henrietta where she was washing saddle pads for the weekend. We went to the Wegmans out there to buy food for the competition. It wasn't a real long time, but it was a little something. And my did she ever look incredibly hot. She wasn't dressed up in particular, it was just that fantastic body of hers. Anyway, we parted ways & I drove all the way back to Irondequoit. Upon my arrival I discovered, of all things, her mom's cell phone was still in my pocket! I had been hanging on to it for her, as her pants were deliciously snug, not to mention devoid of pockets. So I called her & calmly explained the nature of this emergency, and to my surprise she didn't freak out. A few moments later she told me that she indeed freaked out on the inside, but maintained a calm demeanor on the outside. Nice. What was arranged was that I was to drive all the way back out to her pad in Rush, and quickly & quietly drive by & stick the phone in their news-paper box at the end of the drive-way. We had a lovely conversation on the phone as I drove there, whereupon my arrival I deposited the phone & sped off. I must've been sneaky, as she asked if I even stopped at the box. After this little covert adventure, I went to TJ and Joe's new place off Monroe & played euchre (and drank) untill about 1:30 am.
Today I made an appearance at church, and it was over before I knew it, as their regular priest was away & his stand-in took things at a noticably quicker pace. Not too shabby. I was invited by Tatiana's mom of all people, to join the two of them down in Geneseo to watch some of the horse show that Tatiana was supposed to be in. That was more or less fun, and I saw some fantastic riding. Or I should stress amazing riding in the case of Tatiana's trainer, Carol. (just had to cover my ass there!) I was also offered money to go do yard-work for Tatiana's mom.... I guess they need lawn mowing & weeding done before the weekend. That'd be odd, but she'll pay me $10 an hour to do it, so I'll probably find some sun-block & get to it this week sometime.
Mom & dad returned from Scotia & were home before I got back from Geneseo. I stuck around for dinner, as it was free. And free is the best kind of anything! I ate as much Chinese food as I could possibly stuff into myself & proceeded to kill the rest of the evening in front of the computer.
So much for an exciting week-end. If I'd have done any less someone would've been inclined to check my pulse to see if I was still there. Today has good prospects... an orientation at Wegmans at 10 am, and the distinct possibility of a visit by my lass... and there was hint dropped of possible extra-curricular action with this visit too! Who says monday's are bad anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment